#1 - When in doubt smell it out
In my program we stay with host families and one of the 'perks' is that we can do one load of laundry a week with their machine/soap etc. Laundry in Europe is really expensive and people try to use dryers the least amount of time as possible so I've been trying to be better about not washing everything I own after wearing it once. So, the day before I was going to leave for the Netherlands, I realized that I have like no clean clothes....at all....I've worn all my shirts like three times, my pants like a million,
(for Disney channel lovers)
#2 - Moooommm, the telepathy broke again
On the way to and from Utrecht, we had to take three trains which was about 6 or 7 hours. The way there was no problem, excitement of the trip and all that jazz but on Sunday we were all definitely ready to be home in our beds. So on the second train our assigned seats were all in different train cars but one of my friends was like maybe the seat next to you will be empty like I'm just going to sit here until says something. I was in total agreement, like I can't deal with anymore strangers today, So we're getting closer and closer to the time the train is supposed to leave and no one has asked her to move but she's getting kind of antsy and saying like maybe I should move. So she finally goes, like the train is full, I'm going to go find my seat, just as this rather attractive guy (conveniently around the same age) comes up the row. And this is the type of situation where when you're on public transportation and see that one really attractive person you're like there's no way in hell am I that lucky, he's not sitting next to me.
A picture to have in your head, to fully understand the situation:
(I know he's not Irish, but still)
And he goes, in an Irish accent, 38? to my friend Clare...and she's like yeah, I was just moving it's all yours. And, having heard us talking about wanting to sit next to each other, he goes oh that's okay, we can just exchange seat numbers. She was like oh thank you so much, like it's in blah blah car or whatever and I was like telepathically sending every signal in the book...to no avail. He left and I was like...pourquoi, do you secretly hate me? It was great to sit next to her though; we had a fun train ride...and to be honest I wasn't smelling so great in my less than clean clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment