
There comes a point in time when it's just too late to fix a misunderstanding. As I ate breakfast with my host mom the other day, I realized we had come to that point. She offered me a yogurt and, when I accepted, grabbed it
along with the brown sugar and put it on the table in front of me. (I mentioned in an earlier blog post that on the first night I was in France I translated oatmeal into "hot cereal" and ever since they think I eat brown sugar with my cornflakes; however, I have no idea where she got the idea I eat it in my yogurt) Here's the thing though...I didn't know what to do when she put the brown sugar down in front of me....so logically, I ate it. I put brown sugar in plain yogurt. And i ate it. In other words, I've officially reached the point of no return. She has now witnessed me putting brown sugar into yogurt and now I'll always be the weird American who liked brown sugar a little too much...
The next night she tried out a new recipe for dessert featuring, you guessed it, brown sugar.
No comments:
Post a Comment